Come make a significant impact on kids’ lives by enabling the creators of tomorrow through learning to code.
Are you an educator who wants to be on the fore-front of technology education? Come join us and be part of a movement that challenges our digital citizens of tomorrow. We are seeking teachers, student teachers and volunteers to inspire students in an after-school environment.
Who are we?
Discover Coding empowers children, aged 5 and up, to be digital leaders of tomorrow. We strive to combine sound educational methodology and industry knowledge to create engaging and progressive programs to nurture kids interests in creating with technology. We believe computer science and coding are fundamental knowledge for the 21st century, and that every child should have a chance to learn about algorithms, computers, and creating apps.
Discover Coding values diversity and inclusion within our team. We are committed to continuing to diversify our team. Our company values:
- Growth Mindset – to keep changing and growing to better achieve our mission
- Creativity – to create new things or ideas
- Cooperation – to work collaboratively with others
- Knowledge – to learn and contribute valuable knowledge
- Leadership – to inspire and guide others
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for dedicated and passionate individuals who are:
- Enthusiastic and motivating
- Strong communicators to build strong collaborators and teams
- Effective Decision Makers
- Accountable to get the job done and Results-oriented
- Tech-savvy with an interest in learning to code
- Promoters of growth mindsets.
Why Join Us?
- Opportunities to work with a friendly and creative team with diverse backgrounds.
- Opportunities for personal development in:
- Communication & interpersonal skills
- Leadership & management skills
- Critical thinking & problem-solving with Information Technology skills
- Have a significant impact on kids’ lives by enabling the creators of tomorrow through learning to code.
- Your passion will not be overlooked. Tremendous opportunity for career growth and promotion.
- Innovative and collaborative environment that inspires fun and growth.
Health and Safety of In-person Programs
- Small class size of 6-8 students
- Physical distancing protocols implemented
- Masks required by teachers and students
- Sneeze barriers where possible
Current Openings: Teacher & Curriculum Lead
- Job type: Full-time. 30-40 hours weekly.
- Application deadline: March 17, 2021
- Starting date: March 25, 2021 or April 5, 2021
- Facilitate and management students’ online classes
- Develop curriculum for Discover Coding STEM programs
- Teach in-person and online programs
- Ensure projects adhere to company’s mission, values and policies
- Manage operations of online and in-person classes
- Integrate resources into a viable, growing organization
- Sets objectives for curriculum development projects or programs
- Organize and assign manageable tasks to team members
- Motivate and communicate the team of the people responsible for various tasks
- Sets performance targets and development goals for the team
Other Responsibilities may include:
- Teaching Discover Coding programs
- Building curriculum content
- Level of Education: Bachelor of Education
- At least 2 years of teaching experience (Preferred)
- Experience managing a team (Preferred)
- Experience working with students of all grades K-9
- Knowledge and experience with coding and technology learning or eager to learn more.
- Knowledge and experience with Curriculum development
- Eager to learn more about coding and technology
- Has access to a vehicle
- Must pass Police Check and Vulnerability Sector Check
How to apply
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com, with the subject “Application for [Position]”.
Also please specify if you meet Canada Summer Jobs qualifications:
- you are between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment
- you are a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.
- you are legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations.
We thank all applicants in advance, however, only those applicants being considered will be contacted.