Safety is our priority
At Discover Coding, the health and safety of our students and instructors is our top priority — which is why all of our in-person programs are following important guidelines. These guidelines are subject to change based on Alberta government guidance to ensure the health and safety of all Discover Coding students and staff.
Read more about our current health and safety guidelines below:
Several of our programs are hosted on campus in schools around Edmonton. When in a school building, Discover Coding will follow the health and safety protocols of the host school. You can read more about your school’s health and safety protocols on your school website.
Updated June.27, 2022
Some of Discover Coding’s in-person programs are operating in locations outside of school buildings, such as in Discover Coding’s Headquarters, Dynamyx, churches and community halls. These programs are operating under the following health guidelines:
Masks and facial coverings
- Instructors are given the option to wear masks when indoors
- Parents are given the option to wear a mask when entering Discover Coding facility
- Students will have the choice to either wear a mask or not
Student and staff health checks
- Students and instructors must stay home if they are feeling ill or exhibiting any symptoms
- Parents must check their child’s temperature prior to each class
- A health screening may be asked
Drop-off and pick-up etiquette
- Parents have the option to wear mask when entering Discover Coding facility
- Parents are now allowed to stay in the facility for longer than 15 minutes if required
Enhanced hand-washing protocols
- Students and staff wash their hands upon entering the building
- Students and staff wash their hands frequently and follow respiratory hygiene
- Hand washing is required before any snack break and after bathroom breaks
- It is recommended that students bring their own hand sanitizer, we will also have some available in high-touch zones
Frequent cleaning of equipment and surfaces
- High-touch surfaces, computers, technology and equipment will be cleaned regularly and thoroughly
We are committed to following Alberta Health Services guidelines to provide students with a fun and safe learning environment. We look forward to seeing you, in person or virtually!
To learn more about our in-person and online programs or to register, check out our course catalog.