In-Person Summer Camps:
Discover Coding’s health and safety practices
At Discover Coding, the health and safety of our students and instructors is always our top priority — which is why we are excited to offer in-person summer camps that follow new guidelines.
The Alberta government allowed for day camps to re-open as part of stage one of the province’s relaunch strategy, with specific guidelines in place to ensure the health and safety of all children and staff.
Starting in July, our summer camps will operate under the following health guidelines:
Physical distancing of individual children and class groups
- Class sizes will be kept at 5-9 students and 1-2 instructors
- Students will be stationed at computers 2 metres apart
- Movement breaks will use independent in-spot movements
Student and staff health checks
- Students and instructors must stay home if they are feeling ill or exhibiting any symptoms
- Parents must check their child’s temperature prior to each class
- Staff will actively symptom screen students
- Every staff member will check their health prior to starting their shifts
Drop-off and pick-up etiquette
- Each student will have one designated parent to drop-off and pick-up (where possible)
- The number of people in entry areas will be limited
- Students will be packed up and ready to go prior to parent arrival
- Parents will spend no longer than 15 minutes at a time in the location
Enhanced hand-washing protocols
- Students and staff will be encouraged to wash their hands frequently and follow respiratory hygiene
- Hand washing will be required before any snack break and after bathroom breaks
- Students should bring their own hand sanitizer, and we will have it available
Frequent cleaning of equipment and surfaces
- High-touch surfaces, computers, technology and equipment will be cleaned regularly and thoroughly
- Equipment sharing will be limited
We are committed to following Alberta Health Services guidelines to provide students with a fun and safe learning environment. We look forward to seeing you this summer, in person or virtually!
To learn more about our programs or to register, check out our course catalog.