After running our Hour of Callysto and Discover Python with Callysto programs, and serving more than 800 Alberta students, we’re excited to announce Hour of Python!
Hour of Python is our “coast to coast” program running from May 15th to June 26th, providing students with their first exposure to the Python programming language. Each session includes real-time coding in our custom digital notebooks. Students write their answers in them and get a response instantly.
Here’s what you need to know:
- The Hour of Python program is targeted at students ages 9 -15
- Taught by Discover Coding instructors – who are also data scientists, software engineers, and game developers
- We provide a safe and friendly classroom environment
- Students learn programming, logic, and problem solving in Python
- All code is run in the browser in our digital notebook — no install required
- It’s FREE!
- Friday, May 22nd, 2020 – Greater Vancouver Area: 2:00–3:30 pm Pacific Time (3:00–4:30 pm MT )
- Friday, May 29th, 2020 – Halifax: 1:30–3:00 pm Atlantic Time (10:30–12:00 pm MT)
- Friday, June 5th, 2020 – Calgary 10:30-12:00 pm Mountain Time
- Friday, June 12th, 2020 – Saskatoon and Regina: 12:00-1:30 pm Central Time (11:00-12:30 pm MT)
- Friday, June 19th, 2020 – Greater Montreal Area: 12:30– 2:00 pm Eastern Time (10:30–12:00 pm MT)
- Friday, June 26th, 2020 – Winnipeg: TO BE ANNOUNCED
Interested in discovering more of our programs? Discover Coding offers Minecraft workshops, 3D modelling lessons, and more! Weekly classes, new friends, and exciting technology makes learning new skills fun! Head on over to out catalog to learn more: https://www.discovercoding.ca/course-catalog/